The tender and moist duck meat blends well with pasta and mushrooms in this hearty dish.
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- In a small bowl, soak the porcini mushrooms in ½ cup of warm water until softened, about 20 min.
- While the porcini are softening, prepare the vegetables: Finely chop the onion and thinly slice the fresh white mushrooms. Cook the small peas, still frozen, by blanching them about 3 min in a small pot of boiling salted water. Drain them and set aside.
- Using a microwave, heat the duck legs confit about 1 ½ min at high power. Remove and discard the skin and bones, then set the meat aside.
- To save time, the rest of the sauce preparation and pasta cooking can be done at the same time. Cook the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion then sauté until it becomes translucent, about 3 min. Add the fresh sliced white mushrooms and sauté, with stirring, until the mushrooms are browned and any liquid they give off has evaporated, about 3 min.
- Lift the porcini mushrooms out of the soaking liquid, then add them to the skillet. Sauté 1 min. Pour the soaking liquid through a sieve (lined with a dampened paper towel to eliminate any grit) then add it to the skillet. Stir in the duck meat, cooked peas, and demi-glace. Season with a little salt and pepper. Heat gently through.
- Drain the pasta, then pour it into the pan. Mix well, sprinkle with the grated parmesan, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (360g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|