Ground chicken with beans in a tomato sauce.
Ideal to charge your batteries before a sport competition or to recharge afterwards!
Before you start
A slow cooker is needed to make this recipe.
- Prepare the vegetables. Chop the onion, mince the garlic and chili pepper, and finely dice the bell pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a skillet or a pan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic about 3 min until the onion is soft and translucent, with occasional stirring, paying attention not to let them burn. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the same pan, heat over medium heat, and add the ground chicken. Cook about 5 min, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until the meat loses its pink colour.
- Place the onion mixture, the chicken as well as diced tomatoes, tomato paste, diced bell pepper, minced chili pepper, cumin, and brown sugar into the slow cooker. Add the broth. Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on 'low' for 4 h.
- A few minutes before the end of cooking, start to cook the rice.
- Drain the beans, rinse them and drain again. Add them to the slow cooker with the chili, mix well, and cook an additional 8-10 min. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro leaves, garnish with lime wedges, then serve over the steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (470g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Copper, Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
carolineouellette13october 17, 2016
Excellent taste and texture, will make this recipe!
Kemard76october 16, 2016
A little hotter would've been perfect but it was awesome!