These rice-crusted mini quiches are the ideal on-the-go breakfast for busy people and athletes.
Before you start
This recipe yields 2 mini-quiches per person.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Spray a muffin pan with a vegetable oil spray. Cook the rice in the broth, about 30 min.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, soy beverage and soy beverage powder using a fork. Stir in vegan cheese, garlic and herbes de Provence, then mix well.
- Spoon the cooked rice into the cups of a muffin pan (fill 6 cavities for 3 servings and 12 cavities for 6 servings). Press the rice lightly to the bottom of each cup, so that it forms a crust. Fill the muffin cups with the egg mixture.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25-30 min, until a tooth-pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Take the pan out of the oven, leave to cool for a few minutes. Serve 2 mini-quiches per person.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (400g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||2||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Bone-healthy, Bone-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|