|2||potatoes, Russet or Idaho type, or Yukon Gold (yellow)||500 g|
|1 tbsp||butter, unsalted||14 g|
|1/3 cup||milk, partly skimmed, 2%||85 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
- Prepare the potatoes, leaving the skin on. Boil or steam until very tender, about 20 -25 min. Drain well and peel.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, pour in the milk with butter and microwave on medium-high for a couple tens of seconds until hot.
- Pass the potatoes through a food mill, then put the purée back into the pot used to cook the potatoes. Pour in the butter-milk mixture. Add more or less milk depending on how creamy you like your purée. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then blend well using a spatula.
- Reheat and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (240g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B6
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Milk and Alternatives||0|