These oven-baked chips are as tasty but much healthier than the deep-fried ones.
|1/2 tbsp||canola oil||8 mL|
|2||potatoes, yukon gold, if available||400 g|
|1||egg whites||2 tbsp|
|1/4 tsp||paprika||1 g|
|1/2 tsp||salt||2 g|
- Preheat the oven to 260°C/500°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Oil it lightly.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 4-6 wedges. It is important to cut them into wedges of similar size so that they will all cook evenly and be done at the same time.
- In a deep dish, whisk the egg white with the paprika and salt. Add the potato wedges and coat them well with the egg white mixture. Transfer them to the baking sheet. Don't crowd the potatoes on the sheet or they will steam and not turn golden- brown.
- Bake on the bottom oven rack 15 min, then turn the potatoes and bake an additional 15 min.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (170g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B6
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Low :
- Fat, Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||0|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
Katharsisfebruary 27, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
These turned out nicely. I'm glad I can make tasty fries without having to deep fry!