Cottage cheese provides added protein to these light pancakes.
Before you start
Preheat the oven to its lowest temperature to keep the initial pancakes warm while you are cooking some more.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and sugar. Mix until smooth, without worrying about the lumps of the cottage cheese. In another bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Add the milk to the first bowl and stir until creamy. Add the flour mixture and mix just until blended. Stir in half of the canola oil.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Use 1 teaspoon of canola oil to cook each pancake. Drop batter by ¼ to ⅓ cup onto the skillet and cook until bubbles begin to break the surface and the edges no longer appear wet, about 2 to 3 min. Flip, using a thin spatula, then cook until golden on the other side, about 2 more minutes.
- Set aside on a plate in a warm oven while you finish the rest. Serve with the syrup and almonds.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (250g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||2||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Fibre, Omega-3, Omega-6, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E
- Diet-related health claims :
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
|Meat and Alternatives||2|
|Other Foods||1 ½|