Chicken in a spicy and creamy sauce.
Based on the Indian classic "Butter Chicken", this recipe has been adapted for athletes.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the finely chopped onion and cinnamon 3-4 min then add the grated ginger, crushed garlic, cardamom pods, turmeric and minced chili pepper. Cook 1 min with constant stirring. Add the chicken pieces and sauté until they lose their pink colour. Add the tomato paste, ground almonds and diced tomatoes. Stir, cover, lower the heat and simmer about 25 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice.
- In the meantime, mix the yogurt and coconut milk in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the pan at the very end and cook an additional 1-2 min without letting it boil. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove the cardamom pods. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves then serve with the rice.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (410g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Omega-3, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Vitamin A, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||3|