A simple and healthy snack that can be served with drinks before the meal.
|vegetable oil spray, to grease the baking sheet|
|2 1/4 cups||chickpeas/garbanzo beans (canned)||560 mL|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin||2 g|
|1/4 tsp||salt||1 g|
|1 pinch||cayenne pepper||0.1 g|
|3 tbsp||nutritional yeast||26 g|
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Rince and drain the chickpeas.
- In a bowl, mix well all the ingredients in order to coat the chickpeas.
- Tip the chickpeas mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 50-60 min, until they are golden and crispy. Toss the chickpeas every 10 min.
- Let cool then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (50g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Vitamin B2
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||½|