|1 3/4 cup||snow peas||160 g|
|1 tbsp||margarine non-hydrogenated , or olive oil||14 g|
|1 tbsp||chives, fresh [optional]||3 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the carrots and snow peas. Cut the carrots crosswise on the diagonal into thin slices (about ½ cm) Cut the snow peas crosswise on the diagonal into about ½ cm pieces.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water blanch the carrots for 5 min, until they are crisp-tender (al dente). Add the snow peas and continue to cook for 1 min, then drain them well.
- Put the vegetables back into the pan, add the margarine, then salt and pepper to taste. Heat the vegetables over low heat, stirring, about 2 min, or until the butter is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy