|1/4 cup||olive oil||65 mL|
|24||shrimp, large, peeled and deveined||600 g|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|4 tsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||20 mL|
|1/2 cup||canned tomatoes, low sodium||130 g|
|24||mini-tomatoes (cherry, miniature or grape), halved||1 2/3 cup|
|1/4 tsp||cayenne pepper||1 g|
|20 leaves||fresh basil, torn into small pieces, with some whole leaves for garnish||10 g|
|2 tsp||chives, fresh, finely chopped||2 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the shrimp, then cook until they are opaque throughout and pink-coloured, turning occasionally, 3-4 min. Season with salt and pepper. Take the shrimp out of the pan, transfer them to a bowl and keep them warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan, then add the garlic and sauté 1 min until fragrant. Add the Parsley and Garlic Base and the canned tomatoes, then cook 8-10 min over low heat, until they become soft and saucy. Add the mini-tomatoes and cayenne pepper. Continue to cook 2-3 min, then remove the pan from the heat.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta.
- Put the drained linguine in the sauce pan, then put the pan back on the stove over medium heat. Add the shrimp, torn basil leaves and chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper, then toss well to combine. Serve immediately in the warmed dishes. Garnish with whole basil leaves if desired.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (420g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¾||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin B6
- Source of :
- Calcium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|