A creamy fennel, potato, and leek soup.
An easy and quick soup, but sophisticated, thanks to the sweet and mild flavour of the fennel.
- Prepare the vegetables. Thinly slice the leeks crosswise. Remove the stalks and the feathery leaves from the fennel, setting some of the leaves aside for a final garnish, then slice the bulbs crosswise into coarse 1 cm thick sections. Peel the potatoes then coarsely cut them into 3 cm chunks.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks then sauté with occasional stirring, until they are just softened, about 2-3 min. Add the potatoes and fennel, then cook 2-3 min. Pour in the broth, then season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are soft, about 20 min.
- Let the soup cool down a few minutes, then purée it in a blender or food processor.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, then garnish each bowl with a dollop of soy preparation and the reserved fennel leaves. Serve.
This soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (360g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat