A flavourful soup that is rich in vitamins.
|3 cups||chicken broth, low-sodium||750 mL|
|2||yellow or red sweet peppers||400 g|
|1||red onions||150 g|
|1 1/2 clove||garlic|
|1 tsp||olive oil||5 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
- Preheat the oven to 205°C/400°F.
- Peel the potatoes, then put them in a pot. Pour in the broth. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft, about 15 min.
- Meanwhile, cut the peppers in half, removing the seeds and the stalks, then put them on an oiled baking sheet, cut side down. Cut the onions into 1 cm slices then add them to the sheet. Add the garlic cloves, unpeeled. Cook in the middle of the oven until the vegetables are soft, about 15 min. Turn them once halfway through cooking. Alternatively, grill the vegetables on an outdoor grill.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, cover the peppers then let them cool down about 10 min. Peel the peppers and garlic then add them to the pot along with the onions. Cook a couple of minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Purée the soup in a blender until a creamy consistency is obtained. Serve.
The soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (320g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Niacin, Vitamin A, Vitamin E
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat