This recipe comes from the book "Cuisiner pour vaincre la douleur et l'inflammation chronique", de Jacqueline Lagacé, Ph.D., Éditions FIDES, 2011
- Sauce (ingredients no. 20 to 23): heat all the ingredients over low heat for a uniform sauce. Cool before serving.
- Rolls: Purée the avocados, add olive oil, garlic, ginger and a dash of pepper.
- Cook the rice sticks in water (3 to 5 minutes) and cut them about the same length as the rice paper.
- Place a clean, damp but well-wrung dish towel on a chopping board.
- Plunge 2 rice papers into a bowl of lukewarm water, one after the other, until they become soft.
- Gently take out both the papers and lay one on top of the other on the towel. On the entire left half of the double rice paper, spread 1 or 2 leaves of Boston lettuce or baby spinach. Spread a bit of avocado mixture on the lettuce. Top this with a little bit of all the ingredients except the shrimps. Be careful not to add too much, so you can roll it properly.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and gently roll to form a tight roll. Just before the last half-turn, place 2 half-shrimps so that the outer parts of the shrimp are visible through the double rice paper (that gives a nice decorative touch). Repeat the steps to make more rolls.
- Wrap the rolls in plastic film and store in the refrigerator in a plastic container.
- Just before serving, cut the rolls in half, diagonally. Your guests will simply have to pour sauce on the rolls as they like.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (140g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||¼||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Manganese
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||0|