My Swedish sister-in-law gave me this delicious recipe.
|7 tbsp||margarine non-hydrogenated||100 g|
|1 cup||sugar||200 g|
|2||eggs size large|
|1 cup||almonds, blanched||150 g|
Before you start
The almonds must be blanched in advance.
- Preheat the oven to 205°C/400°F. Lightly grease a baking dish with margarine.
- Peel and core the apples then cut them in half. Blanch them 4 min in a pot of boiling water. Drain well and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- Mix the margarine and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks: add the yolks to the butter-sugar mixture, incorporating them well; add the whites to another bowl. Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely ground, then add them to the mixture.
- Beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks using a mixer, then fold them into the mixture, blending gently with a spatule. Pour the mixture over the apples in the baking dish and bake in the middle of the oven 20 min.
- Let the apples cool down, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (220g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Copper, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||½|