- Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic. Peel the apple, cut it into quarters, remove the core, then grate the flesh. Cut the pineapple slices, banana, and watermelon into bite-size pieces. Set the fruit and the juice of the pineapple can aside.
- Heat half of the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, then sauté 3-4 min until they become translucent. Add the apple and cook 3-4 min until it starts to soften. Add the curry powder and sauté 1 min with stirring. Stir in the broth, and 3-4 tablespoons of the pineapple juice. Cover and simmer 12-15 min with occasional stirring.
- Cut the tofu into 1,5 cm cubes and gently press between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Heat the remaining oil in another large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu cubes in single layer and cook with some stirring until just golden, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer the tofu to the curry mixture. Pour the coconut milk into the tofu and curry pan, bring to a boil, then season with salt and pepper. Keep the pan warm over very low heat.
- Add the banana and pineapple pieces (not the watermelon)to the skillet used to sauté the tofu cubes. Sauté 2-3 min. adding a few drops of oil if necessary.
- Serve the tofu curry with the fruits, adding the watermelon pieces on top.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (380g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Selenium
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||2|