|1/4||red onions, thinly sliced||40 g|
|30 mL||Classic Vinaigrette||2 tbsp|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Thinly slice the onion, then soak it in a small bowl of water with a few drops of vinegar for at least 1/2 h. You can also leave it overnight in the refrigerator. This makes the raw onion crispier and easier to digest.
- Dice the tomatoes and put them in a salad bowl. Drain the onion and add it to the bowl. Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone. Then, using a melon-baller, spoon out small balls and add them to the bowl. If a melon-baller is not available, simply dice the avocados.
- Pour in the Classic Vinaigrette, add salt and pepper, then toss delicately to coat well with the vinaigrette. Serve right away.
Avocados should be prepared and added to the salad at the very last minute to avoid darkening.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar