A protein-rich version of the classic ratatouille.
- Mince or press the garlic and chop the onion. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the garlic and onion 4-5 min until lightly coloured and soft, paying attention not to let them burn.
- Prepare the vegetables. Boil or steam the green beans. Drain, cut into 2 cm pieces, and set aside.
- Dice the remaining vegetables into 1,5 cm pieces and add to the saucepan with the garlic and onion. Sauté 4-5 min, then add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the optional cayenne.
- Cook over low heat, covered, 20-25 min until all vegetables are soft but still a bit al dente. Add water, if necessary, to keep the mixture moist.
- Add the previously cooked green beans, the red beans, then cook an additional 5 min. Adjust the seasoning, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (390g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Pantothenic Acid, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||1|