This recipe recalls the "falafel", however it does not contain chickpeas, nor it is fried. Baking at low-temperature helps preserving the nutrients.
|1 cup||sunflower seeds||130 g|
|1/4 cup||sesame seeds||40 g|
|1 tbsp||flax seeds||10 g|
|1/2||zucchini, grated||60 g|
|1/2||carrots, grated||50 g|
|1/2||shallots, finely chopped||20 g|
|1/4 cup||Italian parsley, fresh, finely chopped||20 g|
|1/4 cup||fresh cilantro, finely chopped||9 g|
|1 clove||garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||lemon, juiced||1/4 lemon|
|1/4 tsp||turmeric||1 g|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin||1 g|
|1 pinch||cayenne pepper||0.1 g|
|1/2 tsp||salt||2 g|
|ground pepper to taste|
|4 servings||Tsatsiki Sauce||2 cup(s)|
Before you start
A mill or food processor will be very useful to grind the seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 105°C/225°F and lightly oil a baking dish.
- Grind the flax seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Prepare the vegetables: Grate the carrot and zucchini; Finely chop the shallot, parsley, cilantro, and garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, including the ground seeds. Mix well using your hands.
- Form the patties, using 1 tbsp of mixture per patty (about 4-5 patties per serving). Transfer the patties to the previously oiled dish, then cook in the middle of the oven 45 min, turning them once.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tsatsiki sauce.
- Serve the patties with the tsatsiki suace.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (80g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Omega-6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Bone-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Milk and Alternatives||1|