A mixed vegetable salad, with tomatoes and sardines.
|3||potatoes, cut in half||600 g|
|2||carrots, cut into chunks||200 g|
|2||zucchini, whole||260 g|
|2||tomatoes, diced||240 g|
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||3/4 lemon|
|3 tbsp||yogurt, plain, 2%||45 g|
|3 tbsp||mayonnaise||45 mL|
|2||eggs size large|
|10||sardines, tinned||200 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the vegetables: peel the potatoes and cut them in half; peel the carrots and cut them into large chunks; leave the zucchini whole. Place them in a steamer basket or in a pot of salted water to either boil or steam for about 15 min.
- Let the vegetables cool down 10 min or longer, so they won't be so hot to handle. Coarsely dice the vegetables into bite-size pieces and put them in a bowl. Dice the tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, yogurt and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper, then pour the mixture over the vegetables. Toss well, then transfer the vegetables to a serving plate.
- While the vegetables are cooking, boil the eggs, during about 10 min, cool them down immediately in cold water, then dice them. Add to the serving plate.
- Drain the sardines, then place them on top of the vegetables and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (400g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Omega-3, Omega-6
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
|Meat and Alternatives||2|