A healthy soup that can be put together very quickly and uses ingredients that are becoming easier to find even outside the Asian markets: miso (fermented soybean paste), soba noodles (wheat and buckwheat) or udon noodles (wheat), seaweed and tofu.
Before you start
Individual 500 mL (2 cups) serving bowls are needed.
- In a small cup, soak the seaweed in water for 5 min.
- In a shallow dish, mix the soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Cut the tofu into 2 cm cubes and add them to the marinade. Mix well then let stand at room temperature while preparing the rest of the soup.
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water, about 4 min (follow the instructions on the box). Drain, then portion them out into serving bowls.
- In a saucepan, bring the water for the broth to a boil. Add the miso, mix well and remove from the pan from the heat.
- Heat the canola oil in a separate pan over medium heat. Add the tofu cubes and sauté 3-4 min, with occasional stirring, until they are golden-brown.
- Drain the seaweed, then add it to the serving bowls. Add the tofu, snow peas and chopped green onions. Pour in the miso broth, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (580g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Magnesium, Niacin, Potassium, Selenium
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Iron, Manganese, Phosphorus, Vitamin K
|Meat and Alternatives||2|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
CharlieTrotterdecember 16, 2008 | I would make this recipe again
Healthy, easy and very good. What else are you looking for?