|33||button (white) mushrooms, thinly sliced||460 g|
|2 1/4 cups||chickpeas/garbanzo beans (canned), rinsed and drained||560 mL|
|2||onions, chopped||400 g|
|1||leeks, chopped||300 g|
|4 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|3 tbsp||canola oil||45 mL|
|1/4 cup||white wine||65 mL|
|2 tbsp||Dijon mustard||30 mL|
|1/2 tsp||ground cinnamon||2 g|
|1/2 tsp||allspice powder||2 g|
|1 pinch||nutmeg, ground|
|ground pepper to taste|
|2 servings||Oil Pie Crust|
Before you start
Defrost the pastry dough at room temperature for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. The dough should be flexible but still feel cold to the touch.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Place the rack in the lowest part of the oven.
- Using a food processor, chop the chickpeas. Set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables: Finely chop the mushrooms; chop the onions, leek, and garlic.
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion, leek, and garlic in the oil. Cook until softened, about 5 min. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 min. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add wine, mustard, and spices. Simmer until the wine has evaporated, about 3 min. Add chickpeas and mix well. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Set aside.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 23 cm (9 po) pie dish. Add the filling. Cut slits into the second pastry and cover the filling. Tightly seal by pressing down the rim using your fingers or a fork.
- Cook in the oven for 45 min. Let cool for 5 min and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (250g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||3 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Omega-3, Omega-6, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||½|