A soup with pork, vegetables, shrimp, and rice sticks in a coconut-flavoured chicken broth.
|2 cups||chicken broth||500 mL|
|1 cup||water||250 mL|
|1 tsp||fish sauce (nam pla)||5 mL|
|1/2||limes, juice and zest||35 g|
|2||small bok choy||400 g|
|1/2||dried chili peppers, minced||0.4 g|
|80 g||rice sticks (noodles)|
|1 tbsp||canola oil||15 mL|
|80 g||pork strips|
|6||shrimp, medium-large, peeled||60 g|
|1 tsp||curry powder||3 g|
|1||carrots, finely grated||100 g|
|1||green onions/scallions, chopped|
|1/3 cup||unsweetened coconut milk [optional]||85 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Individual 500 ml (2 cups) serving bowls are needed.
- Pour the broth and water into a saucepan. Add the fish sauce, coconut milk (optional), zest and lime juice, then bring to a boil. Add the bok choy and chili pepper. Set aside over low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice sticks for about 4 min in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain in a colander, then rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork strips, then sauté 1 min per side. Add the shrimp and curry powder. Sauté with stirring until the shrimp turn pink in colour, 3-4 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Portion out the rice sticks, meat, and shrimp into individual serving bowls. Pour in the broth, then add the grated carrots and chopped green onions. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (650g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Pantothenic Acid
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Phosphorus, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|