A mixture of vegetables, including peppers, zucchini, and aubergines, sautéed with olive oil, then simmered with tomatoes and tofu.
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|1||onions, finely chopped||200 g|
|2 cloves||garlic, pressed|
|1 cup||green/snap beans||100 g|
|2||zucchini, cut into 1,5 cm cubes||260 g|
|1||aubergines / eggplants, small size, cut into 1,5 cm cubes||180 g|
|1||yellow or red sweet peppers, cut into 1,5 cm squares||200 g|
|1||carrots, cut into 1,5 cm cubes||100 g|
|300 g||firm regular tofu, diced||1 1/2 cup|
|1 1/4 cup||canned tomatoes, low sodium||320 g|
|1 tsp||herbes de Provence||1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1/8 tsp||cayenne pepper [optional]||0.4 g|
- Mince or press the garlic and chop the onion. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the garlic and onion 4-5 min until lightly coloured and soft, paying attention not to let them burn.
- Boil or steam the green beans. Drain, cut them into 2 cm pieces, and set aside.
- Prepare the remaining vegetables: Dice them into 1,5 cm pieces then add them to the saucepan with the garlic and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté 8-10 min, with some stirring.
- Add the tofu cubes, tomatoes, herbes de Provence and Cayenne pepper (optional). Cover and cook over low heat about 10 min, until all vegetables are soft but still a bit al dente. Add the cooked green beans and cook an additional 2-3 min. Adjust the seasoning and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (360g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Bone-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|