The seasoning of this pasta dish is inspired by the curried noodles typical of Southeast Asia.
Before you start
Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while you're preparing the dish.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Prepare the broccoli: rinse to clean then cut to separate the florets from the stalks. Peel and discard any tough skin from the stalks then cut them into small pieces. Blanch and drain the broccoli, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, with some stirring, until the shrimp lose their gray colour and turn pink, 3-4 min. Set the shrimp aside on the plate with the broccoli.
- To save time, the rest of the sauce preparation and the pasta cooking can be done at the same time. Start cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, add the onion to the skillet then cook over medium-low heat, until the onion is translucent, 2-3 min. Stir in the chili pepper and turmeric. Cook 1 min with stirring.
- Drain the pasta, setting aside the required amount of cooking water. Pour the pasta into the skillet. Cook 1 min, then pour in the water and stir to separate the strands of pasta. Transfer the broccoli and shrimp into the skillet. Heat through 2-3 min, with occasional stirring, until the pasta turns golden-coloured.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts (optional), then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (340g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDaymay 11, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
The yellow pasta is spectacular. Even my little ones love it.