Sole, sautéed in butter with almonds.
|2||sole fillets, or haddock||300 g|
|1/4 cup||slivered almonds||18 g|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||3/4 lemon|
|3 tbsp||butter, unsalted||40 g|
|1/2 tbsp||canola oil||8 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, paying attention not to let them burn. Add the slivered almonds then cook them over medium heat until they are golden, 2-3 min. Remove the almonds from the pan and keep them warm on a small plate in the oven.
- Cook the sole fillets over fairly high heat, 2-3 min each side. Add the lemon juice, lower the heat, cover and cook an additional 5 min, depending on the thickness of the fillets, until the fish is tender and the flesh opaque. Check with a fork to see if it is cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover the fish with the almonds and serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (160g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
gosian911january 13, 2011 | I would make this recipe again
I really didn't expect this simple to be this good.Wow I impressed all the members of my family. I used frozen haddock-what a delicious fish.