A soup with vegetables, tempeh, and rice sticks in a coconut-flavoured vegetable broth.
Before you start
Individual 500 ml (2 cups) serving bowls are needed.
- Pour the broth and water into a saucepan. Add the coconut milk, zest and lime juice, then bring to a boil. Add the bok choy and chili pepper. Set aside over low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice sticks for about 4 min in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain in a colander, then rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the tempeh cubes and curry powder. Sauté with stirring until all sides are golden-coloured, about 5 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the vegetables: Grate the carrots, then thinly slice the green onions. Portion them out into individual serving bowls with the soybean sprouts, the rice sticks and tempeh cubes. Pour in the broth then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (780g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||4 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||1||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B12
- Good source of :
- Vitamin B1, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar