Before you start
A hand-held or stand mixer will make things easier for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease the baking pan(s) with a little margarine.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the margarine with ¾ of the sugar using a mixer, about 3-4 min until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 teaspoon lemon zest. Add the flour mixture in 3 portions, alternating with the soy milk. Mix well until homogeneous then fold in the blueberries using a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan(s) and bake in the middle of the oven 1 ¼ h. Check the cake with a toothpick or knife to see if it is cooked through. When done, pull it out of the oven and let it cool down a few minutes.
- Pour the lemon juice in a small microwave-safe bowl. Add the remaining sugar and microwave, uncovered, on medium-high 1 min until hot and syrupy. Pour the syrup over the cake(s) then let it cool at least 30 min before serving.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (110g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Selenium, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Vitamin B1
- Source of :
- Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||0|