A vegan version for "scrambled eggs", served with two slices of low-carb bread.
|1||shallots, finely chopped||40 g|
|4 tsp||canola oil||20 mL|
|2 tsp||turmeric||6 g|
|2 tsp||ground cumin||5 g|
|2 tsp||curry powder||6 g|
|240 g||firm regular tofu, crumbled||1 1/4 cup|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp||soy sauce||15 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|2 cups||mixed greens||50 g|
|1 tbsp||Classic Vinaigrette||15 mL|
|4 servings||Keto Bread|
|1 cup||blackberries||120 g|
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and add the oil, shallot and spices.
- Crumble in the tofu using your hands or a fork. Stir until well mixed together with the spicy oil.
- Add the garlic, soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. As soon as the tofu is hot, it's ready.
- Meanwhile, wash the mixed greens and blot dry. Put them in a salad bowl. Pour in the >. Add salt and pepper, then toss well.
- Put the cooked scrambled tofu onto the mixed greens. Serve with the keto breadand blackberries.
If preparing in advance, keep a cup of water to splash into the skillet when reheating, to avoid tofu getting too dry.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (240g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Bone-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Source of :
- Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|