Marinated and grilled strips of chicken, wrapped in warm tortillas.
A very tasty Mexican-American dish that is assembled at the table: always a kid pleaser.
Before you start
The chicken must be marinated overnight. It can be cooked using either a broiler in the oven or an outdoor grill.
Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while you're preparing the dish.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the lime juice, minced or pressed garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken, turning to coat well. Cover and chill in a refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare the vegetables. Chop the onion, mince the garlic, and cut the pepper into 1,5 cm strips. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and pepper, then sauté with stirring, 8-10 min until the peppers are softened. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Drain the breast and pat dry, then put it on the rack of a broiler pan under a preheated broiler 7-10 cm from the heat for about 5-6 min on each side. Alternatively, on an outdoor grill, put the chicken on lightly oiled grill rack and grill 10 to 12 min total, turning once and brushing occasionally with the remaining marinade. The chicken is ready when no longer pink in the center (77°C/170°F).
- Transfer to a cutting board, then slice thinly and arrange the slices on a serving platter with the vegetables.
- Stack the tortillas (up to 6 at a time), place in a microwave-safe plastic bag, and heat in a microwave oven using high power 30 sec-1 min, or until they are heated through and pliable.
- Put a few slices of chicken on each tortilla, add some of the sautéed vegetables, and sour cream (optional). Roll up the tortilla to enclose the filling.
Recommended side dishes
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (310g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||3 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Source of :
- Copper, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||3|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
Katharsisapril 05, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
The flavour from the marinade is fantastic. We have done this with both steak and chicken and it would be hard to pick a favorite.