The addition of cardamom gives a nice flavour to these "healthy" and delicious muffins.
|1 3/4 cup||chickpeas/garbanzo beans (canned), drained and rinsed||440 mL|
|2 tbsp||lemonjuice, freshly squeezed||3/4 lemon|
|3 tbsp||orangejuice, freshly squeezed, and zest||1/2 orange|
|1/4 cup||canola oil||65 mL|
|1/2 cup||sugar||110 g|
|2 servings||Egg Replacer|
|2/3 cup||whole wheat flour, sifted||80 g|
|2 tsp||baking powder||5 g|
|1/8 tsp||salt||0.4 g|
|3||cardamom pods||1 g|
|6 tbsp||almond meal||35 g|
Before you start
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Place 12 paper muffin cups in a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Prepare the Egg Replacer, then set aside.
- Purée the chickpeas in a blender or food processor. Add the lemon and orange juice, orange zest, oil, and all the sugar (but 1 tbsp). Add the Egg Replacer to the blender. Purée the chickpea mixture until smooth.
- Remove the cardamom seeds from the pods then crush them using a bottle or a meat tenderizer. Mix a pinch of cardamom with the reserved sugar, then set aside. Put the remaining cardamom in a bowl with the flour, baking powder, almond meal, and salt, then mix well. Incorporate the flour mixture to the chickpea mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle each muffin with the sugar-cardamom mixture.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 18-20 min, until a tooth-pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Take the pan out of the oven, then put each of the paper lined muffins on a rack to cool. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (70g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||¼||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Vitamin E
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Omega-3, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Cholesterol, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||0|