A classic combination of flavours with chocolate and berries, with some surprise ingredients that make this muffin a nutritious snack!
|2/3 cup||cashews||100 g|
|1 cup||white flour (all purpose)||130 g|
|1 cup||whole wheat flour||130 g|
|1/2 cup||almonds, ground||70 g|
|1/2 cup||cocoa powder||45 g|
|2 tsp||baking powder||5 g|
|1/2 tsp||salt||2 g|
|4 servings||Egg Replacer|
|3||bananas, small, very ripe, mashed||460 g|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract||10 mL|
|4 tbsp||maple syrup||60 mL|
|2 cups||berry mix, frozen||260 g|
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Place 12 large paper muffin cups in one or more 12 cup muffin pan. Depending on the required amount, you may have to bake in batches. Prepare the Egg Replacer, then set aside.
- Put the cashews in a food processor and process a nut butter consistency is reached, about 5 min. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flours, ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, vanilla, cashew butter, Egg Replacer, and maple syrup. Mix in the dry ingredients, then gently fold in the berries.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 40 min, until a tooth-pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Take the pan out of the oven, then put each of the paper lined muffins on a rack to cool down. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (90g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||1||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Selenium
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy