Before you start
Please consider the cooking times suggested here as a reference only, since they depend on the power of your microwave oven. If you are making the 12 serving size recipe, it is preferable to make the 6 serving size recipe twice, for more consistent results.
- Mix the sugar, flour, 1 pinch of salt, cinnamon and milk in a microwave-proof dish. Add the butter and chocolate. Cook about 7 min at maximum power, stirring frequently, until the mixture boils. It should slightly thicken.
- In another bowl, mix the egg with some of the warm chocolate mixture. Pour this into the chocolate mixture and beat thoroughly to avoid lumps.
- Cook 2 min at medium power, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens. Do not let it boil.
- Incorporate the vanilla. Pour out into 2/3 cup bowls. Place rounds of wax paper on the surface if you wish to prevent a skin forming. Chill 2 h before serving.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (140g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||¼||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Vitamin D
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin B12
|Milk and Alternatives||½|
|Meat and Alternatives||0|
|Other Foods||1 ½|