|vegetable oil spray|
|1 1/2 cup||cornmeal (polenta)||200 g|
|2 1/2 cups||milk, partly skimmed, 2%||625 mL|
|2 cups||white flour (all purpose)||240 g|
|1 tbsp||baking powder||8 g|
|1 tsp||salt||5 g|
|2/3 cup||sugar||140 g|
|2||eggs size large|
|1/2 cup||canola oil||125 mL|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk. Let stand for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix in the cornmeal mixture. Add the eggs and oil and mix well, until a smooth consit\stency is obtained.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish then bake in the middle of the oven for about 30-35 min, or until the bread is done. Check for doneness with a toothpick or knife to see if the bread is cooked through.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and let stand at least 30 min before removing the bread from the dish. After removing the bread, let it cool on a wire rack or serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (90g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Selenium
- Diet-related health claims :
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
|Meat and Alternatives||0|