- Rinse the lentils and cook them in a saucepan of boiling salted water, about 30 min until tender but still somewhat firm. Drain, discard the liquid and set aside the lentils.
- Cook the couscous then let it cool down a few minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables. Peel, seed and finely dice the cucumber; seed, core and dice the pepper; thinly slice the green onions. Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the lentils and couscous to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over the couscous and vegetables. Gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with the finely chopped chives then serve.
Lentils can be cooked up to 5 days in advance.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (360g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Vitamin B2
- Low :
|Meat and Alternatives||1|