A salad consisting of tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, arugula, and alfalfa sprouts.
|3 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||45 mL|
|4 tsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1/2 lemon|
|8||button (white) mushrooms, thinly sliced||110 g|
|2||carrots, grated||200 g|
|40 g||Parmesan cheese, shaved into curls|
|2||tomatoes, sliced||240 g|
|1/2 bunch||arugula||80 g|
|2 cups||alfalfa sprouts||70 g|
|1/4 cup||Classic Vinaigrette||65 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Make a lemon vinaigrette: in a small bowl, add the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Beat well, using a fork, until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Set aside.
- Prepare the mushrooms and carrots, placing them in 2 separate bowls : Thinly slice the mushrooms; peel the carrots, then shred them using a large-holed grater. Add half of the lemon vinaigrette to each bowl, then toss to combine. Shave the Parmesan using a vegetable-peeler, then add the curls to the mushrooms. Arrange the dressed vegetables in 2 separate mounds onto each individual serving plate.
- Prepare the other vegetables placing them directly on the plates : Slice the tomatoes; wash then spin-dry the arugula and alfalfa sprouts. Pour the Classic Vinaigrette over the tomatoes, arugula, and alfalfa sprouts, then season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (180g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Selenium
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDayjune 06, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
Very nice presentation and very good taste.