Since oats only need to be soaked for a while, it can be made ahead and kept in the fridge, until the next breakfast.
- Portion out the oats to each jar of about 1 cup (250ml) volume. Pour in the soy beverage, nuts, syrup and chia seeds, which will thicken the oatmeal.
- Close the lid and shake to combine. Open and top up the jar with the banana pieces. Close the lid again and keep in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, mix in yogurt and almond butter. Enjoy.
This oatmeal in a jar can be stored 2 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (470g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Bone-healthy, Bone-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Source of :
- Omega-3, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Cholesterol, Trans Fat