Pineapple wedges, grilled and flavoured with a brown sugar-butter glaze.
|1||pineapple, cut lengthwise into wedges||2 kg|
|4||bamboo or wooden skewers|
|2 tbsp||butter, unsalted||28 g|
|2 tbsp||brown sugar||24 g|
|1 tsp||gingerroot, grated||4 g|
Before you start
Soak the skewers in water for 15 min to prevent them from scorching on the grill.
- Using a large, sharp knife, cut the pineapple lengthwise into 4 wedges, leaving some leaves attached to each wedge for a nicer presentation. Cut out and discard the central core if it is hard. Using a curved, or paring knife, carve out a "boat" by cutting between the flesh and skin to release the flesh, but at the same time leaving it in place. Slice the flesh crosswise to make thick chunks.
- Push a skewer through one end of each wedge, into each pineapple chunk, then out to the other end, to hold the pineapple together during cooking. To prevent the leaves and the ends of the skewers from being scorched on the grill, they may be loosely covered with aluminum foil.
- Melt the butter either in a microwave oven or on the stovetop. Add the sugar and grated ginger, then brush the mixture over the pineapple.
- Cook the wedges on the grill for 4-5 min, or in a broiler pan in the oven. When done, place the pineapple on a plate, pour the remaining mixture over the top and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (270g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Vitamin B2
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Vitamin C
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDayfebruary 18, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
My husband and I prefer the version with rum, but this one goes well with the kids.