|1||Romaine lettuce||550 g|
|4 tsp||olive oil||20 mL|
|1 clove||garlic, whole|
|4 tsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1/2 lemon|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté 1 min with stirring just to flavour the oil. Remove the garlic and discard. Set aside the oil.
- Wash the romaine lettuce, then pat dry. Cut each lettuce in half lenghtwise.
- Heat the grill to medium. Brush the cut sides of the romaine lettuces evenly with 1 teaspoon of the infused oil. Carefully place each piece on grill, cut side down and cook for about 5 min or until lettuce is light brown; remove from grill and place on a platter. Alternatively, preheat the broiler. Put the lettuce halves on the rack of a broiler pan, 7-10 cm from the heat. Broil them about 5 min.
- Drizzle grilled lettuce with lemon juice, rest of garlic infused oil, salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (140g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
PKennyjanuary 25, 2017 | I would make this recipe again
Love it in the winter when tomates are not so readily available and tasty.