Chicken braised in a tomato and wine sauce.
An Italian classic: «Pollo alla Cacciatora».
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Coat the chicken with cornstarch. Finely chop the onion, rosemary, and bacon.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Sauté the chicken pieces thoroughly on each side until golden, about 6-8 min. Take them out of the pan and set aside, keeping them warm in the oven.
- Add the bacon, onion, and rosemary into the pan and cook 2-3 min over medium heat. Deglaze with the wine. Cook 6-8 min over medium heat until the cooking juices reduce and are completely absorbed.
- Add the diced tomatoes and put the chicken pieces back into the pan. Add salt and pepper. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat 30-35 min.
- Serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (250g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Iron, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
slightlywomanoctober 06, 2012 | I would make this recipe again
I substituted Chicken Broth for the white wine and it was still very good.