Tofu and vegetables in a curry sauce.
An example of «China meets India» in a hurry... : a quick sautéing in a wok followed by Indian curry seasoning.
Before you start
Put the serving dish in the oven at the lowest setting to keep the tofu and vegetables warm while the sauce cooks.
- Heat a small quantity of oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat. Coarsely dice the tofu and sauté 7-8 minutes, with gentle tossing, until the dices are golden-coloured. Remove the tofu from the skillet, place in a dish and keep warm in the oven.
- Add some additional oil to the skillet over medium heat and sauté the finely chopped onion. Coarsely slice the zucchini into rounds and the peppers into narrow strips, of about 7 mm. Add them to the skillet and sauté 7-8 min with occasional stirring. Add 1 teaspoon of curry powder and cook 1 min with constant stirring. Add the soybean sprouts and salt, then cook 2-3 min. Add the contents of the skillet to the tofu dices and keep warm in the oven.
- Add the remaining oil into the skillet over medium heat and sauté the crushed garlic 1 min with stirring. Add the remaining curry powder and cook 1 min with constant stirring. Pour in the milk, stir and cook over very low heat 2-3 min. Put the tofu and vegetables back into the skillet, then mix well with the sauce. Heat a couple minutes then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (330g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Fibre, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid
- Good source of :
- Copper, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Diet-related health claims :
|Milk and Alternatives||½|
|Meat and Alternatives||2|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
slightlywomanoctober 06, 2012
I find that there is too much Curry in this recipe for me. I still haven't figured out how to not overcook the zucchini. The flavors are good though.