When cooking the whole bird can be too overwhelming ...
Before you start
Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while roasting the turkey.
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF.
- Split each breast in half, then put the pieces in a roasting pan. Brush well with the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in the middle of the oven. Meanwhile, put the butter, maple syrup, and herbs in a small cup, then put the cup in a microwave oven about 1 min to combine. Set aside.
- After 50 min, baste the turkey with the maple mixture. Continue to cook 15 to 20 min, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 77ºC/170ºF.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and baste it again with the remaining maple mixture. Cover the turkey loosely with aluminum foil and let it rest 10 min (to reabsorb all the juice)
- Meanwhile, use the juice in the roasting pan to prepare a gravy. Pour the cider into the pan to loosen any brown bits. Whisk in the gravy mix then put the pan on the stove top. Bring to a boil, then let the gravy reduce for a few minutes.
- Serve the turkey with the gravy on the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (200g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Manganese, Vitamin B1
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B2
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Zinc
|Meat and Alternatives||7|