A colourful dish of meat and vegetables.
Before you start
You will need a wok or frying pan.
Put the serving dish in the oven at the lowest setting to keep the meat warm while the vegetables cook.
- Prepare the vegetables : Cut the peppers into 1 cm-wide strips; slice the zucchini into thin rounds; quarter the mushrooms; halve the onion then cut it into 1 cm wedges; mince the garlic; dice the tomatoes. Cut the meat into strips, 1 cm wide and about 5 cm long.
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying-pan or wok over medium-high heat. Sauté the meat in batches, so as not to overcrowd the pan. Cook the meat until it browns, but is not completely cooked through, 3-4 min total. Remove the meat from the pan then set aside on the warmed serving plate in the oven.
- Pour the remaining oil into the pan, then add the onion and sauté 2 min until it starts to soften. Add the peppers and continue to cook, tossing often, until they begin to brown and soften, about 5 min. Add the zucchini and mushrooms, then sauté, with frequent tossing, about 3 min. Add the garlic and tomatoes. Cook 1-2 min, with stirring, then season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook an additional 2 min until the vegetables are cooked al dente.
- Put the meat back into the pan. Cook, with tossing, about 1-2 min. Adjust the seasoning then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (290g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Calories, Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|