An excellent recipe to start introducing legumes into our diet.
Before you start
- Rinse the lentils well under cold water and drain.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Finely chop the onion and garlic, then add them to the pot. Sauté with occasional stirring 4-5 min until translucent. Add the grated ginger and spices. Cook 1 min with stirring. Add the lentils, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 15-20 min until the lentils become very soft. Pour in the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning.
- Purée the soup in a blender, then ladle it into bowls and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (260g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Fat, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Pantothenic Acid
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Manganese
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||1|