|2||halibut steaks, or other lean fish, 2 cm thick||360 g|
|4 tsp||butter, unsalted||18 g|
|2 tbsp||canola oil||30 mL|
|1 tbsp||white flour (all purpose)||8 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while you're preparing the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Coat with flour the halibut steaks.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the steaks, 1-2 min per side to colour them.
- Transfer the fish to an ovenproof dish. Press half the oranges and pour in the juice over the halibut. Cut the remaining oranges into rounds to cover the halibut. Keep some to decorate the serving dish later. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake in the middle of the oven about 12 min. Check with a fork to see if it is cooked through.
- Serve on the warmed plates. Sprinkle with the cooking liquid. Garnish with the remaining orange rounds.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (260g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Vitamin B1, Vitamin K
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Low :
|Meat and Alternatives||4|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDaymarch 17, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
Very easy. Everybody loved it.