|4||potatoes, Russet or Idaho type, or Yukon Gold (yellow)||1 kg|
|1/4||celeriac, sliced||160 g|
|3 tbsp||butter, unsalted||40 g|
|2/3 cup||milk, partly skimmed, 2%||170 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
- Prepare the vegetables: Peel the celeriac than cut it intl slices. Do not peel the potatoes. Boil or steam until very tender, about 20-25 min. Drain well and peel.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, pour in the milk* with butter and microwave on medium-high for a couple tens of seconds until hot.
- Pass the vegetables through a food mill, then put the purée back into the pot used to cook the vegetables. Pour in the butter-milk mixture, then add salt and pepper to taste. Blend well using a spatula.
- Reheat and serve warm.
* Add more or less milk depending on how creamy you like your purée.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (300g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin B6
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
Ken_Dorisjanuary 17, 2012 | I would make this recipe again
very nice version of mashed potatoes, celeriac was a nice addition.