|1 2/3 cup||quinoa||280 g|
|3 cups||water||750 mL|
|1/4 cup||extra virgin olive oil||65 mL|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||3/4 lemon|
|2 tsp||curry powder||6 g|
|1 3/4 tsp||gingerroot, grated||8 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1/2||green peppers, diced||80 g|
|2 stalks||celery, diced||140 g|
|2||green onions/scallions, finely chopped|
|1||chicken breasts, bone-in||600 g|
|2 tsp||olive oil||10 mL|
|10 cups||baby spinach||160 g|
|2 tbsp||Classic Vinaigrette||30 mL|
Before you start
The chicken may be cooked either using an outdoor grill or in an oven under the broiler.
- Cook the quinoa in the water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder and grated ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Put the quinoa in a salad bowl, then pour the vinaigrette over it. Stir in the bell pepper, celery, and green onion. Mix well then let stand in the refrigerator at least a half hour up to overnight.
- About 15 min before serving, take the salad out of the refrigerator. Preheat the outdoor grill to medium-high heat or preheat the broiler.
- Pat the chicken dry, then brush it with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil the chicken until cooked through and golden-coloured, about 15 min, turning it once. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cover it loosely with foil.
- In a bowl, combine the baby spinach with the Classic Vinaigrette, then add it to the quinoa salad. Cut the chicken crosswise into thin slices, then add them to the salad. Toss well, adjust the seasoning, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (410g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C
- Source of :
- Calcium, Vitamin B12
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|