Baked aubergines, with garlic, parsley, and tomatoes.
|2||aubergines / eggplants, small size||340 g|
|1 tbsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||15 mL|
|3 tbsp||canned tomatoes, low sodium||45 g|
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
If small aubergines are not available, they may be substituted by large ones. In such case, they should be sliced crosswise rather than lengthwise, so they will cook as fast.
- Preheat the oven to 205°C/400°F.
- Prepare the aubergines. Cut them in half lengthwise, leaving the skin intact. Place the halves onto an oiled baking sheet, skin side down. To avoid tipping, cut off a small slice from the rounded skin side.
- Make check pattern incisions on the cut surfaces of the aubergines. Coat with oil followed by the parsley and garlic base. Add the diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 20-25 min until the aubergines are soft and nicely coloured. The cooking time may vary quite a lot depending on the aubergines size and freshness. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (170g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Manganese, Potassium
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar