Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Prepare the vegetables : Cut the broccoli florets into small pieces, peel the stalks then dice them into ½ cm pieces. Thinly slice the scallions and mince the garlic. Cut the beef perpendicular to the grain into 2 cm strips. Set aside.
- Put the sesame seeds in a small pan and heat them over medium heat a few minutes, with some stirring, until they are lightly coloured. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the beef then sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 4-5 min. Season with salt and pepper, then take the beef out of the skillet and transfer it to a plate.
- Add the scallions and garlic to the skillet. Cook over medium heat about 1 min, with stirring, until they are lightly golden-coloured, then add the broccoli and water. Cook, with occasional stirring, until the mixture is dry, about 3 min. Meanwhile, combine the broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl, then pour this mixture over the broccoli. Cook, with constant stirring, until the mixture is no longer cloudy, 1-2 min.
- Put the beef and any accumulated meat juices back into the skillet. Cook, with stirring, until the beef is heated through, 1-2 min. Remove the skillet from the heat, then stir in the sesame oil and seeds. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (310g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||¼||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Vitamin B1, Vitamin D
- Low :
|Meat and Alternatives||3|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
thegauchoctober 04, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
Needed more seasoning