Shrimp and melon in a spicy vinaigrette of fish sauce and lime juice.
A low-cal and refreshing salad that is a full meal in itself.
- Rinse the shrimp and cook them in a saucepan of boiling salted water for about 3 min until they turn pink. Remove them from the water, peel and discard the shells, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, and fish sauce. Mince the garlic and chili pepper, then add to the bowl. Fold in the shrimp and peanuts (optional). Peel the melon, remove the seeds and cut it into bite-size pieces. Add the melon to the bowl and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh cilantro and mint leaves.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (200g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B2
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|