Spaghetti in a creamy tomato sauce with snow crab.
Starting only fourty years ago, snow crab harvesting is now Quebec's most lucrative commercial fishing harvest. Coming from the Bas Saint-Laurent and Côte-Nord region, 90% of these shellfish are exported to the United States and Japan.
|160 g||gluten free/wheat free spaghetti|
|1 tbsp||canola oil||15 mL|
|1/2||shallots, finely chopped||20 g|
|1 tbsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||15 mL|
|2/3 cup||canned tomatoes (diced)||170 g|
|2||snow crab legs, cooked, or Alaskan crab||240 g|
|1/4 cup||creamy soy preparation for cooking||65 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- To save time, the sauce preparation and the pasta cooking can be done at the same time. Start by cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sweat the finely chopped shallot, 2-3 min taking care not to let it burn. Add the parsley and garlic base, then add the diced tomatoes and cook uncovered, with occasional stirring. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the sauce and pasta are cooking, shell the cooked crab meat, using a nutcracker. Add it to the pan at the very last minute, just to warm it up. Add the soy preparation.
- Pour the drained spaghetti over the sauce and toss gently. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (220g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Niacin, Omega-3, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Iron, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||1|